Friday, September 6, 2013

Bubble paper background - emboss resist

I stamped slatters, and spots from the grunge set
with versa mark 
then I stamped the grid stamp 
also with versa mark 
and embossed it all with clear embossing powder. 

Then, 
I filled the small side of my sink with bubbles
lots of bubbles!
(using dawn liquid dish soap)

then dropped ink on to the bubbles
and I pressed the white cardstock down on the bubbles 
so some of them popped on the paper



(No this is not mold!)


then I changed colors and did it again

black usually comes out antique looking
then I remembered I had ordered a new black ink
and it stayed wet on the surface of the cardstock
while all the other colors dried right away.

(I ended up using a paper napkin to wipe
the excess black ink off)

Then I set my paper outside to dry.

I love in Nevada and it was almost 
100 degrees outside today

The words say:
may your Memories
bring you Peace

I usually make 2 sheets of cardstock when I paint them
that way I can cut one up for cards
and keep the other one for 
another day
so I can quickly create something without having 
to paint the paper first. 


The main colors I used were
sahara sand, basic gray, pear pizzazz, 
marina mist and basic black

(I did not use wisteria wonder or 
purple of any sort, but one 
of the inks I used must 
have purple as the base color.)

The words say:
Thinking of you

the words are all embossed with black powder
and the camera is picking up the shine.

the words do look better in real life. 

The words say:
Heaven knows your special
(and so do I)







Post a Comment