Monday, September 9, 2013

Shirley Munoz and I started hand painting papers back in 1999



Below are some of our all time favorite color combinations.


I love my big shot
I think it gets used more than any other 
paper crafting tool I own.



I enjoyed finding the perfect spot on this 
handpainted cardstock to cut out these three trees.

I have always loved the look of watercolors
I love the way the ink feathers into the paper when it spreads.



This snowflake card was fun to create.
It is fun to get a variegated background 
with different shades of blue.

It was cut from the same paper as the trees above, 
I just avoided the elegant eggplant (purple) lines. 




I loved making these clouds with the top 
of our Stampin Up cupcake punch.

This is a fun card to cheer up a friend
 experiencing health problems 
or just needing a little encouragement 
to get through ruff times. 

we all experience adversity at one time or another
I'll be making more of these.

I'm going to send this one to Shelli Gardner
her horse tripped while riding
and she can use our prayers and 
encouragement!




I love our new butterfly punches
the lines in the background were stamped using versamark 
and embossed with black powder. 

The line stamp is from the grunge set.



It's not easy to tell but the white strip of paper 
has the grid texture stamped and
embossed in white as well.

The glossy cardstock was edged with versamark
and dipped in black embossing powder. 
The tree is also embossed. 


Both the tree image above
and the dress image below was stamped 
on the hand painted paper below.


for the dress I avoided the green areas
I cut the dress out and shaped it with my fingers.
I stamped the hanger on the whisper white cardstock
before putting the dress on the hanger.

The darker flowers are all embossed 
with silver powder although the photo isn't showing it. 
The lighter flowers are stamped in wisteria wonder ink.


Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive



This is that same paper
The stems and knots are made out of thin cut cardstock
play with it for a minute to make it pliable (easily bent; flexible) 
and it looks like twine!



so thankful for the time and ability to be creative

I love comments 

Have a blessed day,
Sherrill Graff


*

Hair and Nails by Sherrill Graff in Boulder City Nevada


Post a Comment